Thursday, July 17, 2014

Easy DIY Monster Earrings


So, I can't be the only person who, even as an adult, likes making and wearing very bright, childlike jewelry. Most of my wardrobe would probably make you think that I work in a circus ( don't get me wrong, I totally would if I was circusy enough.. circusy!) which is probably why I decided the most awesome earrings I could possibly make were from leftover pompoms with googley eyes. As soon as I finished sewing them I couldn't stop staring at them. I made little, cute monsters that would follow me on my ears! HOW can life get any better than that? It can't, I know you totally agree with me on this and because I know that you are now SUPER excite about adorable monsters on your ears I made a video so you two can make them! If you'd like for me to do a written tutorial on them cause that's your learning style let me know and I'll get together all the photos to make this project easy for you. :)


You can watch the tutorial here:  http://youtu.be/tgKwpaIIlDo



Supplies:
> Scissors
> 2 Pairs of Needle Nose Pliers ( you can use just 1 but 2 makes life so much easier)
> 2 Large Pompoms in any color you choose (I opted for 2 colors)
> A Small Needle for Hand Sewing
> Thread to Match your Pompoms or Invisible Thread
> 4 Jump Rings
> 2 Lengths of Chain (each about 10-20 individual chains long)
> 2 Earring Hooks


Show me pictures if you make these!! I would love to see how creative you get with it.


Love and Hugs,
Talea


No comments:

Post a Comment